Learning Agreements


In general, a Learning Agreement can be issued for our Bachelor’s and Master’s courses. Exceptions are theses on double degrees, which our chair will not credit.

In order to check if and which course you can gain credits for you, we need the following information:

  • Number of ECTS (If you are going to a country which does not work with ECTS, please: create a list of attendance times, as well as an overview of the type and extent of exams)
  • A syllabus or description of the content of the course (in German or English)
  • If possible: a literature list of the course
  • The name of the course at FAU for which you would like to have your foreign course credited.
  • Please use a meaningful subject in your e-mail to us, e.g. “Learning Agreement_year_surname_first name”

Please send this information via e-mail (as link or attachment) to Richard Schmidt.

The template for creating a Learning Agreement can be found on the website of the International Office.

After checking your documents, we will inform you asap if we will approve your Learning Agreement.

Previously Learning Agreements

In the List of approved Learning Agreements (State October 2019) you will find an overview about our previously approved Learning Agreements.