EFI Projekt – Sustainable Smart Industry
EFI Projekt “Sustainable Smart Industry”
Industry 4.0 denotes the intelligent digitalisation and the network of the industrial value creation. The German Government’s High-Tech Strategy considers Industry 4.0 as an essential future project for securing Germany’s global competitiveness. This research project aims to bring out – beyond the primarily investigated technical aspects – the diverse potential benefits and challenges related to the transition to Industry 4.0, in which economic, ecological, and social aspects and their interaction with technological developments and solutions are investigated. Weighing up interdependences between opportunities and risks on all three levels of sustainability is to be developed to a normative model of sustainable industrial value added, which can be discerned in different typologies of value generation. Thus, specific integration strategies for Industry 4.0 can be derived for corporate practice.
The FAU is among the research leaders among German universities – including a multitude of outstanding scientific approaches and perspectives. As such, the FAU combines all subjects in one location. Short distances pave the way for interdisciplinary cooperation. In 2010, the Emerging Fields Initiative (EFI) was launched at the FAU. EFI aims at the early, flexible and unbureaucratic support of outstanding, preferably interdisciplinary projects.
Further organizations involved (in parts):
- FAU Lehrstuhl für Betriebswirtschaftslehre, insbesondere Industrielles Management
- FAU Lehrstuhls für Soziologie und empirische Sozialforschung
- FAU Lehrstuhl für Supply Chain Management
- FAU Lehrstuhl für Multimediakommunikation und Signalverarbeitung
- FAU Lehrstuhl für Fertigungstechnologie
- FAU Lehrstuhl WI 1 (Innovation & Value Creation)
- FAU Lehrstuhl WI 12 (Hardware-Software-Co-Design)
- FAU Leitung des Lehrstuhls für Wirtschaftspädagogik und Personalentwicklung