Are you interested in writing your bachelor or master thesis (or your project assignment) under our supervision? Please find all the important information below.
For further information, please find the notes of the information session normally held in the beginning of June and December (in German).
You choose your topic and research question by yourself. Thesis in the following research areas are encouraged::
- Sustainability Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Business Ethics
- Stakeholder Management
- Social role of a company
- Sustainable and Social Entrepreneurship
- Social, Eco- or Sustainability-oriented innovation
- Management of non-profit organizations
- Further sustainability related topics
Types of graduation theses
We do supervise bachelor and master theses. A cooperation with a company or an organisation is possible. Please do keep in mind that all theses must answer a research question. Thereby it is important that you can show us that your thesis would be interesting not only for your supervisor.
You can submit your application regularly by Jan. 14th or Jun. 15th. for the following semester. Students in turn receive our (positive or negative) decision within a week and have another week to confirm their interest. In the week before the new semester begins, an initial meeting is held to discuss the thesis project.
- Short exposé with the following contents:
- Topic description (50-100 words)
- Proposition of a research question
- Brief overview of the research approach (literature review, qualitative, quantitative…). Please describe what kind of empirical methods you are planning to use (interviews, surveys…).
- Structure outline (not more than two levels)
- Short explanation how your thesis addresses sustainability issues
- Short explanation how your thesis addresses management issues
- Planned submission date
- Indication if the thesis planned in cooperation with an external partner
- Information on which of our courses have been taken
- Information on sustainability-related courses taken at other chairs or universities
- Information on practical experience with sustainability
- Transcript of records
Submission of documents:
Please submit the above application documents for the summer semester to Mrs. Susanne Piehl by January, 14th. We only accept digital applications.
- Students who have attended courses offered by our chair will be considered with preference. Having attended at least one of our courses is a prerequisite for.
- Theses with a clear focus on sustainability issues will be preferred.
- The problem addressed in the thesis should be a matter of management approach. We are unable to offer high quality supervision of theses with a strong natural science or technical focus.
Further Information: In the context of writing your thesis you are required to attend our weekly seminar on writing a thesis. The seminar usually takes place Wednesdays, 4.45 to 6.15 pm.
- Bachelor theses: 30-40 pages excl. notes and literature
- Master theses: 60-80 pages excl. notes and literatureYou will get further information in our seminar.
For further information about the application process and documents please contact Mrs. Susanne Piehl.
For further information about the content of the theses please contact Mrs. Fenja Lüders or Mr. Jens Heidingsfelder (for bachelor theses) or Dr. Dimitar Zvezdov (for master theses).