SmartHaPSSS – “Harmonization of the development of complex product smart service systems at KMU.”
The SmartHaPSSS joint research project starts from the premise that the development of products and services is often not coordinated. A sustainability orientation is also often missing. The aim of the project is to bring individual activities in the development of complex product-service systems in SMEs into resonance with each other while integrating the sustainability perspective. Together, the research team aims to develop innovative business models in which the development processes are closely interlinked, with particular attention to sustainability aspects for products and services.
From a sustainability perspective, the innovation management of smart product-service systems is accompanied by a variety of challenges and opportunities. Therefore, we are working on the following questions, among others, in the project:
- What are particularly sustainability-relevant aspects and actors in the innovation process of smart product-service systems?
- How can products and services be made as durable and resource-efficient as possible?
- What requirements must product-service-system innovations fulfill in order to be considered sustainable?
We deal with these and other questions from practice and develop suitable concepts and tools. The developed methods are tested and further developed together with the practice partners.
For more information, please visit our project website.
SmartHaPSSS is a joint project funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) in the program “Innovations for tomorrow’s production, services and work” and supervised by the project management organization Karlsruhe. Our chair is working on this project together with other research and practice partners. The responsibility for the content of this publication lies with the author.
Weit Other participating organizations in the project consortium:
- FAU Lehrstuhl Wirtschaftsinformatik I
- Institut für Angewandte Informatik (InfAI) an der Universität Leipzig
- Universitätsrechenzentrum der Universität Leipzig
- REHAU Gruppe
- Intershop Communications AG